I submitted a new Windows Phone app today called AssemblyMate. Building on the success of my app for Jehovah’s Witnesses to use in the ministry — MinistryMate — I am hoping to address another common need with the new app. AssemblyMate will allow you to take notes at assemblies and conventions and have the notes stored right on your phone. You can also record details about the assembly such as attendance and baptism numbers.
The assembly programs will be automatically downloaded to your phone as soon as they are available. Then you can set the dates for when you will attend. Within the program listing, you will be able to click on each talk and enter the name of the speaker as well as some points you want to remember.
But what good are all those notes if they only exist on your phone? One of the nicest features is the ability to upload the notes for the entire assembly to your SkyDrive account. From there, you can download them to your PC, print them, search them, anything you want!
And this is just the beginning! When Windows 8 is released in 2012, look for a version of AssemblyMate that works on your Windows tablet device!
Today I submitted the latest update to the best ministry app on the Windows Phone platform, MinistryMate. As more and more users have downloaded the app, the feedback I have received has proven invaluable in deciding what changes to make and what new features to add. The latest release is another example of that. The goal of this app is to help fellow Witnesses be more organized and productive in their ministry, and incorporating the most requested fixes and new features is helping that goal become a reality. Here’s what’s new in 2.2:
- Improved navigation – A landing page now gives you 1-click access to anywhere in the app. Also, the ‘recent’ section of the panorama lets you get back to the most current items without having to hunt them down.
- Schedule hours for future dates – Add time for a future date, and it is added to your report as “projected” time, helping you schedule your month’s activity and keep on track to reach your goals.
- Filter calls by street – Have several calls on the same street? Select the street in the calls filter and see only those calls.
- See current location on map – Now you can see not only the location of your call(s) on a map, but see where you are too.
- Bug fixes – A bug with the sorting of calls was fixed. Also, photos should now display correctly, regardless of the orientation they were taken in.
Also, new users may note that the price has been reduced to only $1.29. Thanks to all for the continued support, and by all means please continue to give me your feedback, both positive and negative, so I can make this app everything you need it to be.